Job Title: Production Assistant
Job Description: A Production Assistant will join the production team and assist with tasks related to roasting, bagging, and blending our coffee and assistance in delivering coffee to wholesale accounts within our delivery radius. The Production Assistant is a year-round part-time position (approximately 25-30 hours a week).
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assist Coffee Roaster in receiving and roasting green coffee to meet production schedules for wholesale and retail operations.
- Roast coffee according to specifications set forth by the Owners and Head Roaster.
- Accurately label, weigh, flavor, blend, bag, grind coffee while upholding quality and visual standards set forth by the Red Cedar Coffee Co. team.
- Accurately pull customers’ orders and assist with deliveries as needed.
- Maintain a clean and presentable workspace.
- Help track the inventory of labels, bags, and other items related to production.
- Thoroughly clean bins, tables, warehouse area and machines according to schedule.
- Help maintain coffee production and sanitation records.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Prior work experience required.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Ability to remain production and on task while working alone.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to focus on tasks in a busy, loud environment.
- Thoroughness, high productivity standards, and attention to detail.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications
- Assist in the cleaning of roasting accessories (coffee bins, production materials, etc.).
- Coffee Roasting Machines and Grinders: aide in the upkeep of production equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance as needed for optimum machine capability.
- Participate in periodic extensive cleanings of roasting equipment.
- Properly record and follow SOP protocols.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time. The majority of shifts are spent standing.
- Must be able to stoop and kneel.
- Respect the privacy of information regarded as sensitive and proprietary to Red Cedar Coffee Co.
- Understand that this is a growing company and help enhance a company culture of professionalism, positivity and transparency.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- Representative brand ambassador when working with vendors and customers.
- Be flexible and be a team-player.
How to Apply: